4/27/08

She Only Visits Me in Dreams These Days

You hold my face with your hands
Your dark chocolate eyes steam in perfect temperature
But swirl slowly in a worry
I had stirred up by seeing you again
A worry
that I’d kiss you before you were ready

Your face moves closer
Your dark curls slide
past your cheeks towards mine
curtains shutting out the world
Your hands guide my lips towards yours
The moment before we kiss
your eyes shift from soft worry
to uncertainty about where your movement will lead
We’ve done this before…

I stare at the dark ceiling
Your ghost fading from my lips
and the phantom curls on my cheeks
are replaced by moisture
by memories I did not expect
My nights are saturated with our unique kiss
I love seeing you, until I awake

Do you dream of me when I am dreaming of you?
I fear both answers

No comments:

Post a Comment